Last fall I decided I was going to make a baby dress for Avery. Okay, no big deal, pick up a pattern and some fabric. No way, I found a pattern and then altered it until it was no longer recognizable and then decided to make it reversible. That's right, it would be not just one dress, but two. I tend to be okay at spatial relations problems so I thought I had the reversible thing all worked out. I put it together in the way I thought would work, but when I tried to turn it right side out it would not work, just one small, endless ball of fabric pulling through itself over and over again.
I ripped it out a few times and tried to figure it out. But finally I just gave up and did what any 30 something crafter would do, I Googled it. There, right at the top was this fabulous, well written step by step, complete with photos. And that is one of the many reasons I love the internet!
Tina over at Polkadotbug saved my sewing disaster and gave me a new favorite project. I made another over the holidays, a "christmas" dress.
Here is a shot of the first dress (the inside is just cream muslin, so I didn't get a pic of it):
I love the fabric for so many reasons, not the least of which is the name of the fabric, "daydream believer".
Here are a few shots of the holiday dress, including a close up of the fancy hem stitch I did. (Yay for my thrift store sewing machine!)
If you are interested in the pattern, let me know and I will put together a PDF...