I gotta' say that it is wonderful...creamy, flavorful and really healthy. Here is the recipe that I used.
Roasted Cauliflower Gorgonzola Soup
Makes: 13 cups Active Time: 20 min Total Time: 50 min
1 head (about 2 lbs) cauliflower, trimmed and cut into florets
3 Tbsp olive oil
6 cloves garlic, rough chopped
2 cups of chopped carrots, celery and onions
Salt and pepper to taste
64 oz of vegi broth
1 container (8 oz) Creme Fraiche or sour cream
1 cup (4 oz) Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled, divided
1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
2 tsp walnut oil
Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Toss cauliflower with olive oil, garlic, and vegies; season to taste with salt and pepper. Arrange in single layer on baking sheet.
- Roast on center rack of oven about 15 min. While cauliflower roasts, bring vegetable stock to boil in large stockpot on HIGH.
- Add roasted cauliflower and vegies to stockpot; reduce heat to LOW. Simmer 15-20 min until vegetables are knife-tender.
- Puree a portion of the mixture with hand-held stick blender or food processor until smooth. Do the amount that you prefer. I like more chunks in my soup so I only did about half. Mix it all back together in the pot. Wisk in sour cream; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat; gently stir in 3/4 cup cheese. Garnish with remaining cheese and chopped walnuts; drizzle with walnut oil. Refrigerate leftovers , stirring well before reheating.
So, that was my first kitchen triumph of the weekend. I also made a slow-cooked roast for dinner last night that was the perfect meal for a wet, dreary Sunday evening. I picked up a beef roast from the store and I had all of the vegies on hand. I roasted the meat in the oven at 400 degrees for about an hour and then transfered it to the crock pot which I had filled with chunks of potato, carrot, onion and cabbage. I poured a few cups of broth over the top of everything and let it cook on high for about 4 hours until everything was done just perfectly. Yummmm!
It was definitely a good food weekend!